Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Spent Saturday at L&D

We thought we might be meeting our little one this week, but it was a false alarm. Yesterday morning, I though my water had a little leak. Not a full gush, but a little dribble. I wasn't sure, so I called the doctor and he said I should go in to get checked. 3 hours and some tests later, we found out my water didn't break, and that I could go home. They did say I have an "irritable uterus" which means I wasn't really having timeable contractions, but it was kinda cramping. I guess I need to take it a little easier, so that might mean working half days or not at all. I'm planning on going next week (I'll be gone a couple days for a training), but after next week, we will see how I am doing. The nurse also said I am swelling pretty badly, so once I get home I have orders to keep my feet up and lay on the couch. That is kinda hard with a very active 2 year old, but I will surely try. Oh, and I need to drink water, water, and more water. Anyway, we are very thankful everything is ok, since it still is pretty early to have a baby. I am only 34 weeks and full term is 37-40 weeks. The longer he stays with me the better. So, we did get hit with some reality - we are having another baby soon. Sometimes you just get caught up in the pregnancy that real life with an infant is not thought of much. I have a dr's appointment next week, so I guess we will see how things go from there.



I did make it through my first week of school. It was a good week, but boy was it exhausting. I have a nice group of kids this year. My student teacher has been a good help, and I am really going to start getting her into teaching since I don't know how much longer I will last. I feel like I might be catching a cold, so hopefully it will past quickly or maybe it is just allergies. I have parent night this week, so if I make it to the weekend I will consider myself doing well!



So, that is what is going on with our little family. We will keep you posted if this baby does decide to make an early entrance!!

No comments: