Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back to work

Yep, I am officially back at work. This week was a teacher week because the kids don't start until Monday. The week consisted of putting up bulletin boards, putting away all the books and other teacher stuff I have (since I moved classrooms this year), going through print shop orders, moving desks, checking if computers work, going over first day plans with my student teacher (who I think will be great), making schedules, putting text books out, getting names on desks, organizing materials, ordering more materials (since we are adding a 3rd classroom), meetings, meetings, and more meetings. It was a full week, and boy am I tired. I have been lounging around the house all summer and getting back into being on my feet all day (especially at 8 months pregnant) has been exhausting - but good too. The kids start on Monday, and I think we are ready. I am looking forward to being a classroom teacher from being a specialist last year. The doctor has given me 3 weeks to work, and then will see how I am doing with my preterm labor and all. If I keep where I am, he will let me keep working, but if he notices any changes in my cervix then it might be back to bedrest or maybe half days or something. I called my sub just to touch base, and let her know that even though my due date is October 10th, that we may be needing her sooner than that. I am a little nervous about having to be out of work too early. When I went out early with William, I was put on medical leave, and then once he was born I was put on FMLA leave. This time, however, I don't think that would be the case. I have a feeling they would start me on FMLA right away. I only get 12 weeks of FMLA leave, so if I am out 6 weeks before the baby is born then I only get 6 weeks after the baby is born. I don't think I would be ready by then. Of course, some companies only give 6 weeks of leave, so I am lucky that I get 12 weeks, but I really want to have all 12 after the baby is born. So, hopefully, the doctor will at least let me work half days or something. As for my pregnancy, everything is going fine. I am feeling very full of baby. He is very high up and loves to kick the ribs. I am feeling his hiccups - which is really neat but kinda annoying too. It feels kinda like a little twitch. At one of my meetings, I kinda jumped with a really strong kick and the teacher next to me said, "Holy cow!! I saw that!! Your whole belly moved!!" Yep, he is a strong kicker. I am so excited to meet him. I am getting more nervous about the whole labor/delivery coming up. You think that since I did it once already and kinda know what to expect, that I wouldn't be as nervous. But, that is not the case. Oh well, as long as the baby gets here nice and healthy, that is all that matters!

Things around our house have been good. Nothing too exciting lately. William has had some issues getting back into daycare this week, but by the 3rd day he was doing better and not crying and clinging to me when I left for work. I am hoping next week will continue to be ok.

Here is a 32 week belly picture...

No comments: