Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Could use some prayers!

Well, I had my first Dr's appointment on Thursday. I also got my first ultrasound at that appointment. Unfortunately, the baby is not measuring at the correct size. When I went in I was 7 weeks 2 days and the baby was only measuring 6 weeks 1 day. There wasn't a steady heartbeat, but a little flicker - which would be normal for a baby 6w1d but not normal for a baby 7w2d. So, there are 2 things that can happen. #1: Things are fine and the baby just implanted late or I ovulated late. or #2: There is something wrong with the baby and I will have a miscarriage. I am really really hoping for option #1. I really do believe they just have my dates wrong because my blood tests started off so low. That would go with having the baby implant later - which makes total sense to me. I have another ultrasound on Dec 3rd, so we are just in a holding pattern until then. That ultrasound will give us a better idea about what is going on. I'd like to go in earlier, but Benjamin and I are going to be in Las Vegas Monday - Thursday and their office is closed Friday. I'll just have to be patient and pray extra hard that this little one sticks around. As for the other happenings of the family, things are going well. The painters have finished the house and it looks great! We are having carpet cleaners over today, and when they are done will will be all ready to move in. Benjamin is going to pick up the appliances we bought (a new fridge, dishwasher, and washer & dryer). Yes, we kinda went appliance-gaga, but they had some GREAT sales at Sears! I am really excited for our trip to Vegas. I think it will be nice to have some alone time with Benjamin, but I have to admit that I am going to miss my William like crazy!! I think it will be nice for my parents to spend some time with him to since we are going to be moving out. Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. We have a lot to be Thankful for this year as every year. Hugs and Kisses to all our family and friends who live away. You are in our thoughts. Remember to say a little prayer for our little baby so he/she can continue to grow and get a strong heartbeat.

No comments: