Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Some good news!

I am going back to work! Yes, you read that right. I found out about a month ago that the school district wasn't going to allow me to substitute teach. Well, that was a terrible blow for Benjamin and me. Our whole plan was to have me sub a few days a week to still bring in some income, yet have more flexibility than a permanent position. Because the district wasn't letting me sub, we wouldn't have enough income to afford a house - even a much cheaper house than we had! We met with the mortgage lady, and found out based on Benjamin's salary alone we could only qualify for $70,000! I know this will sound snooty, but the houses in that price range are not where I want my son to grow up! So, my options were to #1. Resign from the district and sub, but I would lose all my experience steps (about $20,000 a year) and be probationary when I go back!! #2. End my parental leave and go back to a full position. We decided #2 was a better option, but coming back off of my leave was by no means easy! I had to meet with the "Superintendent of Human Resources" and I found out that no one had ever returned from parental leave after only a month (it is a full year of leave). It was a BIG mess (too long and complicated to include all the details). Anyway, I was finally allowed to interview for open positions. I interviewed several times, but hadn't gotten a job yet. It was a big blow to my ego. Why didn't anyone want me? However, I had an interview yesterday for a resource teacher position for 3rd and 4th grade and got the job! YEA! My first day is Friday! I tell ya, it really gives me a sense of relief. I won't be a "stay at home mom" now, so that is kinda sad, but I think this is going to be a better choice for my family. I have to admit, it was a very hard transition to stay at home. I will personally be happier back at work. We have found a really nice daycare for William (MUCH better than the one we had before). She has an in-home daycare, and I feel William will be much happier there. There are only about 6 kids and a range of ages. It will be Mon and Tues, and then William will be with my Dad on Wed, Thurs, and Fri. What a crazy month this has been. Since I will be back to work, we have decided to build another house. This will make 3 homes we have built in 4 years! Hehehe! I sure hope we will live in this one for more than 2 years!!

No comments: