Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

We are selling our house - Well, maybe not!

Hi everyone! I hope you had a nice St. Patrick's Day. So, what's happening in our household? Well, we were selling our house, but we have now taken it off the market. I want to be a stay at home mom, and the only way that we could afford to do it was to sell our beautiful home and get a cheaper one. Well, after some number crunching, we will be able to refinance and get some equity out of the house to use as my income for the year. The only kicker is that since we had our house on the market (for a full 2 weeks is all) we have to wait 90 days to refinance. I'm not sure exactly why, but those are the rules. So, we will just be as is until June. If the refinance doesn't go through or we hit a snag, then we will put the house back on the market. I hope we won't have to sell as we just built this house and we both love it - but on the other hand, I want to stay home with the baby and if I have to sell the house to do it, then oh well. Speaking of the baby.

Our poor little man has had a rough couple weeks. As you know, he had another ear infection and then last week had croup. He is now off all his medication, but today when I looked in his mouth I saw 4 teeth just about to poke through. FOUR!! All at once! He will go from having 2 teeth to a whole mouthful! Also, he is scheduled to have surgery on March 25th. He will be getting the ear tubes, and hopefully that will take care of the ear infections. Our poor little guy has just had once sickness after another. Hopefully the tubes with help, and maybe some warmer weather will help too. Even with all this going on, he still is a pretty happy boy full of smiles.

How are Benjamin and I? Benjamin is doing well. He was in Atlanta last week for a training. He survived the big tornado there! He now has a great war story, but I was sure glad to get him home. I'm doing pretty well too. Next week is spring break and it can't come soon enough. I plan on taking care of the baby after his surgery and just relaxing. I am really excited about the prospects of being a "Stay at Home Mom". I have even submitted my request for parental leave to the school district. I can take up to 2 years off and still keep a position when I come back. I won't be able to get my current job, but I would at least be guaranteed a job when I return. I will probably sub a couple days a week, but I will really like the flexibility of subbing. I can work when I want to, and if the baby is sick I can stay home with him. So, that means William will only have 9 more times at daycare, and let me tell you, I am counting the days. (I'm not the happiest person with our daycare if you haven't figured out. But that is another post). So, overall we are doing well. Once all those teeth come in I'll post a picture!

No comments: