Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Sweet William!!

I am a few days late, but I have finally found a few minutes to update my blog (while the baby is napping). First and foremost, my darling little boy is now 1 year old. I can't believe how much the baby has grown, but even more so how my I, myself, have grown - as a mother, a wife, and a woman. Before William was first born, I had no experience with babies at all. Other than holding a few, I had very limited exposure, and in fact had never even changed a diaper EVER! So, when William was born, the first few weeks were very tough for me. (I think a bout of post pardum depression didn't help either.) I felt like I didn't know what I was doing, was afraid to be alone with the baby (as nuts as that sounds) and basically felt like I had no business being a mother. Thank goodness for my Mom. Those 9pm crying phone calls to have her come over and tell me what to do, helped me through the first few weeks - more than she may know! As the months have rolled on, my confidence as a mother has greatly increased. I have a new appreciation for my mother that I never would have known if I was not a mother myself now. Even just saying that I am a mother is a little weird since Benjamin and I has such problems getting pregnant in the first place. I also have a new love for Benjamin - deeper. When I see him playing with the baby or just being with him, my heart overflows with love. Life is surely sweeter now with the baby. I admit, that not all days are sunshine and roses, but I am more happy being a mother than I have been in my whole life.

William is fantastic! It has been truly amazing seeing him progress this past year. From rolling, to crawling, and now almost walking, I love every stage he has gone through and look forward to the next. It will be a whole new ball game when he can actually communicate with words! I have to say, the the past month or so has really brought out his personality. He gets very angry now when you take away something he shouldn't have to don't give him something he wants. I'd have to say we are seeing the beginnings of temper tantrums! Overall, he still is such a happy boy that sometimes I wonder how we got so lucky. He had lots of fun at his birthday party, even though the poor baby has another ear infection. We enjoyed opening his presents, and I've have to say his favorite presents were a pinwheel and balloons! Thanks for all of you who were able to come and got him a present. He's had a fun morning playing with all his new toys. Here are a few pictures of his party from yesterday.


Decorating the church!


Cute cake! (The little one I made myself!)


How old is William? ONE!


William having fun opening presents!



Yummy cake!
Too much party fun!
Here is a montage of his first year that I played at the party!



No comments: