Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 23, 2007

HUSTON - We have a roller!!

YEA!!! William finally rolled over! We were at my Mom's house while Benjamin was working on their patio cover. We had just put William on the floor while we were going to eat lunch, and low and behold, the boy was on his tummy!! My mom said, "William just rolled over!!!!" So, of course, being the type of mother that I am, I immediately go over to him and roll him back on his back to see him do it again. Well, little William didn't like that and got upset. So, I let him be while we finished lunch, and he proceeded to do it 3 more times while we were there!! I was so excited! (I know - easily amused! hehehe) He has to work really hard to get over, but he does it!! William is also standing more (well, putting weight on his legs). The kid is really close to crawling too. When you lay him on his tummy, he pulls his knees in and his little butt will stick up in the air. He doesn't quite have the arm motions down yet, but I'm sure he will pretty soon.

I can't believe I only have 4 more precious weeks with my Sweet William before I have to go back to work. Part of me is really looking forward to getting back to teaching since I missed it a lot while I was on maternity leave. However, it is going to be hard to leave William. That being said, we are really lucky that William will only have to be in daycare for a day or two. As of now, Benjamin will watch him on Mondays (as long as he stays on his 4 10 hour shifts), and my Dad will watch him on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. That only leaves us Tuesday, and I am seeing what options there are for us. A lot of daycares have a minimum of 3 days a week, so we will just have to see what we can find.

On a personal note, I finished reading the last of the Harry Potter series yesterday, and IT WAS GREAT!! Don't worry, I won't tell you how it ends! :-) I did spend the entire day Sunday reading though, while Benjamin took care of the baby. I pretty much read from the time I got up until I finished it at midnight! It was a real page turner, and I am sorry to see the series end. I do have to say that this one is pretty much a war, but all of us Harry Potter fans knew it had to be. Overall, it was a great book, and I really enjoyed reading it!

No comments: