Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

H1N1 had infiltrated our home!

My poor Sweet William has been sick since Monday. On Wednesday, we needed to take little Michael into the pediatrician for his 2 week check up, and so we took William too so the doctor could take a look at him. He did a Strep test that was negative, and then a flu test which was positive. He said that William tested positive to Flu A which they are considering all + Flu A results to be H1N1!!!! NOOOOO! That is not what this household needs with a 2 week old. William is now on Tamiflu (which is a pain in the butt to even get him to take) which should hopefully shorten the length of his illness. We are trying to keep the boys away from each other, but that is almost laughable. We have been washing our hands like crazy, have a bottle of hand sanitizer on the coffee table, and I have clorox wiped every toy and surface of the house. I guess that is all we can do. The doctor said that we have all been exposed, so really there is nothing much we can do. I guess we all just sit here and wait until we all get it. I am supposed to watch Michael for a high fever and extreme fussiness, and if we see that we take him to the ER immediately. I am praying that all the clorox wiping and hand washing will do some good so the rest of us don't get it. I guess it is going to be a long month for our household!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Isaac came down with the flu one day after Ally came home from the hospital. The doctor told us to "keep him away" from his sister. So, Josh took care of Isaac while I took care of Ally. Thankfully, Josh was off work to help me recover from the c-section so he could be there for Isaac. Oye! It was HARD.

I wish you luck with William and Michael... I'll pray that no one else gets sick.