Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A good appointment today

It went pretty well. I was actually looking forward to it, but then right before I left I get a little nervous. Don't know why?? I only gained a pound - WooHoo! (24 total - so not too bad), my BP was 120/80 so pretty good, and nothing bad in my urine. I do have some swelling in my feet and legs, but he said it wasn't too bad and was to be expected for as far along as I am. He also said that I still have some growing to do, and the med student he has (he always has med students) checked me and said I was 1cm dilated. I asked the doc about me being off work, and he said medically there was nothing stopping me from working. Ok. I knew it was a little early, but I was hoping I could stay home. I will try my best to keep my feet up, but that is kinda hard when teaching 3rd graders. I have an ultrasound in 2 weeks (along with my next appointment) to check fetal weight. They induced me a week early because they thought William was going to be big, and at 39 weeks he was 7lb15oz. The doc said he would like to see me going into labor in 2 weeks and have a little bit smaller baby so I won't need the forceps this time. Sounds great to me!! Yea for good appointments!

No comments: