Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Amnio results in - Well, sort of....

I got a call today from my OB with my amnio results, and the results were that there are no results. Apparently my sample did not grow any cells, which is very rare. So all my worrying was for nothing. We are right where we were before the stupid amnio!! (I'm a little upset - can you tell?) So, we now have an appointment with a genetic counselor on Friday up at Memorial. I'm not exactly sure what our next step will be. I think they will give us another detailed ultrasound and offer another amnio, but to tell you the truth, I'm not sure I want to have another one. There is still a miscarriage risk when getting an amnio, and I'm not sure I want to tempt fate again. So, who knows were we go from here. I guess I am pretty upset with my OB. First, he didn't get enough fluid for the faster test (which, I should mention does not require cells to grow, so we might have gotten a result) and now to not have good results. I'm not sure how my confidence is with this dr now. I have an appointment on Wednesday, and I hope I get some answers then. If not, then maybe on Friday. I'm just so disappointed. The odds of having a sample not grow were given to me as 1:100. Couldn't I just win the lottery instead??

No comments: