Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 31, 2008

Our story...




Here is the story...
On Monday Oct 27, I had talked to the nurse at our fertility clinic about our upcoming IVF. (We were planning on trying another IVF cycle in Dec). We talked about how many days I would need to take off of work, when the egg retrieval and transfer might be, and when I would need to go in for appointments. I told her that I was expecting my period any day now, and she told me that as soon as I started to give her a call and I would start birth control (part of the IVF process). Well, after getting the tentative schedule, I realized that I would be having my pregnancy test right after Christmas. I have always tested early with a home pregnancy tests. For our IVF this summer that failed, every time I would try a home pregnancy test and it turned out negative, I only ended up with heart ache. So, I decided that for this IVF I was NOT going to test early and wait until my blood test. I knew I had one digital home pregnancy test left from previous cycles. I didn't want it at home taunting me, so I was going to get rid of it. Tuesday morning I found it and was just going to throw it away. However, being the nerd I am, I could not just throw it away without using it. I figured my period was due any day, so I'd go ahead and use it knowing I would see a -. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw the word "Pregnant"! I couldn't believe my eyes!!! Did it really say pregnant? Was I imagining it? I woke up Benjamin (he didn't even know I was testing: it was 5:30am) and nearly scared him half to death. I told him I was pregnant, and his first response, "No you're not." I responded, "Yes I am, look!" and shoved the test in his face. He could only get out, "Woa!" I then went and knocked on Mom's bedroom door waking her up with the good news. In the mean time, everyone else in the household was running late for work except me (I didn't have to go into work until noon because it was a conference day). At about 7:00am, Mom came down and I asked her to watch William while I ran out to Wallgreen's to get more pregnancy tests. I needed to be for sure. Three boxes of tests and one used one later, I figured this might be the real thing. I called my fertility clinic, and they had me go in for a blood test. My result was positive, but the level was really low: 9.83. So, I was pregnant, but either in danger of having a miscarriage, or just very early pregnant. They had me go in for another beta today, luckily my levels did rise to 48!! WooHoo!!!!! I have continued taking home tests and all have been + still. I guess it is just really hard for me to believe that this happened without any medical intervention. We have already started calling this baby "Our Little Freebie!!" My guess is my due date is July 8, 2009. I'm sure it will change at our first ultrasound appointment.

Holy Moly - I'm PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

SpunkyToes said...

What a great story!!!!! Congrats again.