Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 3, 2008

2007 in Review

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Had a baby!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember making one last year and this year my resolution is to be the best wife, mother, and teacher I can be!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my 2 cousins! Julia and Jenn

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my Aunt Wendy.

5. What states/countries did you visit?
South Carolina

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
More family time. We tend to fill up our calendar with plans with friends and extended family, limiting the amount of time we spend together.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 5 - William's Birthday

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Definitely giving birth to William. It was the most empowering thing I have ever done.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I wish I would have had more students pass the state test - CSAP. I do feel like a failure when I don't feel the students did as well as I would have hoped.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A couple colds, but the worst by far was the episiotemy for the forceps for William's delivery

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Grass for the backyard!!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Benjamin - because he got a promotion at work!!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
George Bush!

14. Where did most of your money go?
Medical bills, diapers, formula, etc.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having William on 3-5-07 (Our little Odd Prime)

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Hush Little Baby - I sing it to William and it is the song on his crib toy

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) HAPPIER!! b) Thinner - no baby in me anymore! c) Poorer - babies are expensive

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I would have like to have done more taking of pictures in William's first month. I was having such a hard time getting used to being a mom that I didn't get out the camera like I should have!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I should have done less complaining.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
We had a wonderful breakfast at our house and then lunch at Grandma and Grandpa Markus's.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
YES! In love with my son, and even more in love with my husband!

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Scrubs, Biggest Loser, The Apprentice

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone, but there are still a few people that I don't like much!

24. What was the best book you read?
The last Harry Potter Book

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Piano

26. What did you want and get?
A healthy baby!

27. What did you want and not get?
To be able to be a stay at home mom.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter 5

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don't remember what we did since it was back in January, but I turned 33.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery!

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
At the beginning, maternity clothes, now - just getting back into old clothes, but I still have some baby tummy to get rid of before everything fits again.

32. What kept you sane?
Benjamin and my Mom.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Don't know.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The war in Iraq

35. Who did you miss?
My dog Dusty

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Linda - my new teaching partner

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007
Time FLIES once you have children!

No comments: