Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! It is really here! When William was born, thoughts of his first Thanksgiving where in my head even though they seemed so far away; however, it is here and I am excited. Last year at this time I was pregnant, and I had no clue how my life would change. It is amazing how one little person can change a life - or a whole family! So, as I look back at the past year thinking of all the things I am thankful for, I get a little teary eyed. To list all the things I am thankful for would be overwhelming. I've been blessed with a beautiful little boy, wonderful loving husband, and an extremely supportive family, not to mention all the things I take for granted - food, home, clothes, etc. William and I will be enjoying the Macy's Thanksgiving parade, and seeing Santa at the end of the parade. The real start of Christmas!

The Christmas season is now upon us, and I am going to enjoy every minute of it. Christmas is my favorite time of year, and this being William's first Christmas, it has even more magic! This past weekend, Benjamin, William, and I went to the mall to do some shopping. To our surprise, Santa was already there! (I thought it was weird he was there even before Thanksgiving, but oh well) So, we took William over for his first look at Santa. He sat on his lap, just staring at the old guy. He wouldn't take his eyes off of him. All the adults were trying to get William's attention to look at the camera and smile, but this little boy was too interested in the weird guy in the red suit. They snapped a couple pictures, but then it was too much. William started to cry, so Mommy went and rescued him. As soon as he got back in the stroller, we was all smiles! So, overall, William's first meeting with Santa was a good one. Here is the picture we got!

No comments: