Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sad news

Unfortunately, our little doggie didn't make it. :-( We took her to the vet Monday morning (a week ago). I even took off work because I kinda knew what was coming. The dr at first said she was looking better, but after I told him when she got up that morning that she just fell over, the vet thought that she might be anemic. So, he took a blood sample, and from that sample the poor baby just wouldn't stop bleeding. It confirmed the dr's thought that she had a blood disorder. After he analysed her blood, it came back that her white count was really high and her red count was very low. He told us that she probably had about 2 days to live!! We just couldn't bare her to be in pain anymore, so she was put to sleep. I have never had to put a pet to sleep and even to this day there is a part of me that hates myself for doing it. I still believe that it was the best decision for her, but I do not EVER want to have to do that again. It has been a long hard week, and I am still really sad. I really don't want to get another dog right now. It just isn't the right time with both Benjamin and I working, plus the baby is going to be crawling soon. Maybe we will get a puppy this summer when I am off work and the baby is a little older. If has been tough. This is the longest I have ever gone without a dog. I miss a wet little nose to greet me. Thanks for all the prayers! At least I know that Dusty is in doggie heaven and having a great time!

No comments: