Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Only 2 more weeks of maternity leave

I don't know what to think. Yep, only 2 more weeks. It is like I am ready to go back to work, but I am not ready to leave Michael. Too bad I can't take him to work with me! I was originally going to be off work until January. However, financially I think it would be better for me to go back to work. I have 12 weeks I can take off, but none of those are paid. Well, they are paid if you have saved enough days, but I used all I had when I was on maternity leave with William and didn't have any saved from last year. All the days I am taking off are costing us over $200 a day! We have come up with some unexpected expenses and have some medical bills, and I think it is best to go back to work rather than charge those expenses to a credit card. We just paid off our credit cards and paid off the loans we had for our fertility treatments. Basically, we are debt free if you don't count cars, house, or student loans. So, long story short, too late! :-), I am going back to work Dec 7th. It will be a little strange to go back, but I am looking forward to getting back some of my own identity. My student teacher will be done with her student teaching by then, so it will just be my kids and me! I also think it will be nice to kinda ease into it. Meaning, I will only be working 2 weeks and then will be on Christmas vacation. That way I can kinda get back into things, get my Michael time during Christmas, and then go back in January. It is really going to be hard to leave Michael though. He is still so little, but I know he will be in good hands. So for now, I am going to enjoy the 14 days I have left with my 2 little ones.

No comments: